Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Power of Saying 'Thank You' to you Referral Partner

How times have changed! Growing up in Birmingham in the seventies, I used to hear certain words and phrases that used to be used as common courtesy. A man opening a door for a lady was accepted as gentlemanly behaviour. Yet today, everyone is so politically correct that many of these pleasantries have be thrown out the window.

In February 2005, I was thrilled to be interviewed on BBC Radio 5 Live on the subject of wedding speeches. I couldn’t believe my luck. I’ve always wanted to be interviewed on Radio 5.

Two or three days after the interview, I sent a ‘Thank you’ card to Jonathan, the producer and Phil Williams, the presenter. On receiving the card, Jonathan phoned me up to thank me for the card. To me surprise, he told me that that out of all the interviews they’d done over the years, no-one ever sent them a ‘thank you’ card. I was in fits of laughter until I realised he was deadly serious.

Jonathan thanked me once again and promised me that I’d be invited back again. Subsequently, I was back on Radio 5 after the ‘Live 8’ concert to talk about how to handle stage fright after David Beckham lost his nerves introducing one of the big rock bands. I was interviewed again two days before Christmas Day 2005 about how to be an inspiring speaker like Winston Churchill and Martin Luther King.

What a life! I get to thank people and get to realise my dreams and passions. This week, think about how often you are thanking your valued contacts and customers. By taking just this simple step, you stand out as being authentic and real.

Want to find out more about how you can boost your business referrals, then why not book yourself for the Referral Sales Summit on Tuesday 27th June 2006 in Birmingham, UK?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home